Sunday 3 April 2011

Equinox


I had three balls of Kidsilk haze in my stash for some time; two balls of soft blue (I believe the shade is called ‘Trance’) and a ball of black.  I wanted to crochet a soft wrap with it so started a piece using a stitch called Iris, a very simple repeat of trebles with a chain in between.  Everything was going well until it became apparent at the end of the first ball that I would not have enough yarn to get anywhere near the size of wrap that I wanted!  The thread is impossible to unravel once crocheted (I don’t know how it behaves when knitted….any thoughts out there?) and as I so loved the results I was getting with the yarn as it was so soft and light, I had a decision to make  – do I buy more haze in blue, or try and do something with the two remaining balls (one blue and one black)?
After experimenting with various widths, I created a two-tone scarf consisting of one half black and one half blue.  By chance, I finished this around the time of the Vernal Equinox and, as the scarf is half blue and half black it fitted the idea of equal day and night, so I have named it Equinox.




Crocheted in Kidsilk Haze, 2 2.25g balls, using a size 5mm hook.
I am so pleased with the result that I have my eye on some beautiful hand dyed kidsilk from  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lichtfaden on Etsy (on vacation at the moment), I am sure some beautiful pieces are waiting to be made from this…!!



No comments:

Post a Comment