Thursday 17 March 2011

Magical spinning……

Since my old Westbury wheel was rescued from the loft, I have become addicted to spinning.  I will be forever grateful to my husband who dutifully brought it down, took it to bits and made the wheel work again for me. 
The process of spinning yarn is magical; you never know how the yarn will look until the very end and there are so many things that can alter or influence the end product.   It is so satisfying in this world where things can seem so identikit and manufactured to make something that is ever unique & personal…..




Here is the alpaca mix that I mentioned in an earlier post, plied together, I would never have guessed that it would end up like this – it is quite different to how I imagined…..?

I have in mind for this wool a pattern for some mittens that I have seen on Ravelry  but in order to make these I need to spin some cream 2-ply up. 






1 comment: