Sunday 5 January 2014

Holiday spinning and knitting

I have managed to squeeze in a small amount of spinning and knitting over the festive season.
Here is 'Copper penny in the soot'  2 ply merino in black and rust, with gold angelina, around 152 yards, 4 oz.  It is lovely and soft. 

Another 2 ply merino, this one is called  'At the edge of the Arctic ice' 130 yds, 3 oz. 

"The first fog of Winter"  I have spun this one from carded batt that I purchased at the most recent Winghams sampling day in Lavenham.   The blend is a mix of merino and silk. It is the Winter Wonderland blend

I knitted up some more fingerless gloves in handspun.  


In an attempt to try and get on better with the Louet S10 I am challenging myself to see how fine I can spin on it.  I don't think I am doing too badly so far, I have laced the flyer, taken the brake band off and made lofty rolags.  Maybe I have just fallen out of practice with her! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob,

    Happy New Year.

    I was looking through some of my GWUK posts and I see you have deleted your Flickr account. This pains me greatly, as you were a wonderful new addition to the group, the width and scale of your knowledge was marvelous to see.

    I hope the reason was not because of a careless comment by Simon or any one else in the group, and I would beg you to reconsider rejoining. I am telling the truth when I say I will miss not having you comment on my shots.

    I hope that all is well with you, and if you ever wanted to come to Kent, you would always be welcome to stay at our little place in Dover if you wanted,

    Ian

    ReplyDelete