Sunday 28 April 2013

Fresh from the wheel

A few weeks ago I tried out kettle dying (the scraggy lengths in the pictures below).  The blue merino fiber has been turned into this 2 ply handspun.  I love the color of this yarn- like peacock feathers. I love how it goes with Sea Fret handspun. This was spun on the Westbury wheel and plied on the Louet.

I have also spun a huge (well to me it seemed huge) skein of a mix of pink and grey merino and silk, total yardage is 456! this is the most that I have ever spun of one yarn. Here are the batts waiting to be spun.


The finished yarn - with some very pretty violets from the garden.
Spun and plied on the Louet. 









1 comment:

  1. That yarn is gorgeous!!! I'm really loving two plys at the moment. Keep posting pictures please! :-)

    ReplyDelete