Sunday 1 July 2012

Half the year

I can't quite believe we are now in July and I haven't posted anything since May! the whole of June seems to have passed in a blur.
I have been spinning and knitting and trying to control weeds on the allotment (not an easy task) recently there has been a beautiful poppy that had self seeded itself amongst the weeds.



On the spinning front I have finished a number of skeins: 'King Midas' is the last of the wonderful black alpaca fleece that I purchased a couple of years ago (oh how I have loved that fleece, I am so sad to see the end of it) I mixed it with blue merino and gold angelina to create a 2 ply sparkly yarn.



I have played around with charms and spun some sweet bunny ones into this yarn called 'Luncheon is on Mr McGregor'

There is another skein of 'Night Boat to Cairo', this time darker and moodier with bamboo and silver sparkle.


while 'Dunwich Beach' and 'Dunwich Heath' are based on the place on the East coast                                             
                                               
Dunwich Beach

Dunwich Heath

Snowberries is a mix of bamboo and BFL spun with red mohair and silver angelina

Finally I spent most of the Jubilee weekend spinning this yarn -  I am hoping that my mum will kindly knit into this shawl by Boo knits  for me, since I don't seem to be able to master lace knitting! There should be enough yarn here it is a mix of hand dyed merino and silk, and has turned out light as a feather.  

I am managing to knit a very simple shawl in some lovely yarn from Solstice Yarns on Etsy, Siren 4 ply sock yarn called 'Sule Skerry', the colours are fantastic and very beautiful.  I have kept the main body of the shawl plain knit and hope to do something more elaborate around the edge in a contrast - something dark I think, there is a lovely skein of brown yarn in her shop which I am tempted by!










No comments:

Post a Comment