Sunday 29 May 2011

Crochet Throw - Never ending squares



There is something very restful about crocheting, I find..... I love the rhythm that crochet creates, and the fact that, like knitting, it allows glorious indulgence in colour.
I started this throw in April and it just grew and grew, each row adding to its size.  I have used acrylic yarn, which I must say I would not have even considered had it not been for Lucy of Attic 24 and her use of Stylecraft yarns - see here  and here- so lovely!
In my granny square throw I have used both Hayfield Bonus and Stylecraft DK, picking up the odd ball here and there to extend it and gradually increase the size; and I to say that they worked really well, being both easy to work with and soft.




Looking at the colours - which are all greens and browns - I was perhaps thinking about the new shoots of spring leaves appearing all around, and the long, hot, sultry summer days to come....

2 comments:

  1. The colours you have used are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment :) I love the look of the Yurt!

    ReplyDelete